Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gardening, really, are you sure?

Yes, I'm sure. You see I have for years and years and years killed garden after garden, oh I have always loved the idea of having a garden and garden fresh food but the carrying out of that idea was just beyond me. This year, as a homeschool idea for John, Mark built a gardening bench along the front of our house and as much as John loves it, well it's really ended up being my joy. We started so late that I'm not sure that we'll get much out of this one, food wise that is, but what we are getting, what I am getting is a sense of peace, a belonging, an inner calm that thus far has only come from knitting and handwork of that nature. I'm amazed at how much I love this, and yet it's constantly on my mind and I just cannot wait to go back out there and I definitely need more plants because I've done all I can with these for the day way way before I'm done with the enjoying of it. So Mark has plans to build more benches that John can access, I have better ideas about this container part of our garden and I keep eyeing spots in the yard that would be great to grow corn, and cabbage family stuff, and garlic and onions, and carrots and hey how about some raspberries or grapes or well do you see where this is going, yep, obsession, but it's an obsession that gets me outside in the vitamin D giving sunshine, makes me feel good and makes for good eats, well eventually when I get better at this.

No comments: